Do you look for BIPOC scholarships in Canada to help fund your education?
Schooling in Canada is quite expensive, and this is why students are always on the search for some Canadian scholarships.
If you are a black student or a member of the BIPOC (Black and indigenous people of color) community searching for black student grants, you can shoot your shots for the BIPOC scholarships that have been listed for you in this guide.
In this detailed article, we hinted at black Canadian scholarship funds; these programs for black students, and also how to apply for these black grants.
A special welcome to Best Study Abroad Countries, your favorite growing education portal with consistent and concise education-related updates, please subscribe by clicking the bell icon.
Why Choose To Study In Canada?
As a black student, studying in this country can really boost your career; it can make you more employable because the hiring companies reviewing your curriculum vitae (CV) will believe that you have gained a vast level of experience in your area of specialty.
Studying in Canada is such a beautiful experience; it is really an adventure, it can broaden your knowledge, create opportunities, build friendships, the country consistently ranks among the 10 best study abroad countries.
There are good programs for black students in this country that will make you feel very comfortable; you can also be a beneficiary of some of the black grants and unclaimed scholarships in Canada that get listed yearly.
We wrap up to say; studying in Canada as a black student will give you a rise in your career and you will also enjoy the adventure and experience, should you win one of these scholarships for black students Canada, then your joy will know no limits.
What is a BIPOC scholarship?
A BIPOC scholarship is a non-repayable financial award generally allocated to black students with outstanding academic achievements, although some also recognize volunteer and work experience.
These easy Canadian scholarships are for students who identify themselves as a member of the BIPOC community and have been admitted into an accredited tertiary institution in the country maintaining a full-time or part-time course load for the full academic year.
Top Scholarships for Black Students Canada
Check out our list of these BIPOC scholarships and what makes each of them unique
- Black Canadian Scholarship Fund
- Canadian Caribbean Association of Waterloo Region Scholarships
- CBTU: Ann Newman Scholarship
- CBTU: Young Women’s Post-Secondary Scholarship
- CN’s Diversity Scholarship Program
- GrantMe BIPOC Scholarship in Canada
- Jean Lumb Awards
- Overwaitea Joint Diversity
- RBC Capital Markets Diversity Scholarship
Black Canadian Scholarship Fund
The black Canadian scholarship fund is one of the programs for black students designed to encourage black students to rise academically and embrace the challenges in society and the world at large while proffering solutions.
As a young black student who is a beneficiary of this BIPOC scholarship, you are expected to show forth academic brilliance in the course of your study and promote community leadership.
This black Canadian scholarship fund is provided annually for black students in Ottawa showing high academic performance.
Applications are due in June each year. Check out their website for more information on how to apply!
Canadian Caribbean Association of Waterloo Region Scholarships
The Caribbean Canadian Association of Waterloo Region “CCAWR” Scholarship is one of the BIPOC scholarships Canada that is awarded to Caribbean-Canadian students residing in the Waterloo region wishing to further their education at a College/ University or a Post-Secondary Institution in Canada.
The goal of these black student grants is to promote academic excellence, foster Leadership skills, and encourage community involvement among our youth.
Value of scholarship: $1,500
CBTU: Ann Newman Black Student Grants
The Coalition of Black Trade Unionists (CBTU) Ontario Canada Chapter is also on the list of BIPOC scholarships in Canada and is pleased to call for applications for its yearly Ann Newman black Canadian Scholarship Fund.
The Scholarship is awarded in honor of Ann Newman, who was a diligent labor and community activist and a former member of the Communication, Energy, and Paperworkers Union.
- Any student who has graduated or will be graduating from High School or an equivalent program.
- The student should be attending a Canadian-recognized post-secondary institution such as a college, trade school, or university.
- You should be a member, child, grandchild, or family member of a CBTU member in good standing, or a youth in the Black community, is eligible to apply.
Value of scholarship: $1,000
CBTU: Young Women’s Post-Secondary Scholarship For Black Students
As one of the wierd Canadian scholarships for Black Students in Canada, the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, Ontario, Canada Chapter, is pleased to announce that applications are being accepted for the Young Women’s Post-Secondary Scholarship.
The purpose of these scholarships for black students is to acknowledge and recognize the community activism of a young Black woman who has been accepted academically to a post-secondary institution.
Value of scholarship: $500
CN’s Diversity Scholarship Program
CN’s Diversity Scholarship Program offers BIPOC scholarships in Canada to students to encourage black women, persons with disabilities, and military veterans to apply.
Eligibility: To be considered for these programs for black students, intending applicants must be pursuing a degree relevant to CN’s core business, this includes:
- Sales & marketing
- Human resources
- Aboriginal studies & law, and
- Accounting & finance.
There may also be internship opportunities at CN for beneficiaries. If this sounds like you, apply on their website!
Value of scholarship: $3000
GrantMe BIPOC Scholarship
Next on our list of BIPOC scholarships in Canada is the newly created GrantMe Scholarships
The goal of these scholarships for black students Canada is to encourage those who show commitment to strengthening their communities; you can do this if you have passion for leadership programs, entrepreneurship, celebrating your identity, overcoming personal challenges.
- The award is open to any student in Grade 9 to 12 or post-secondary.
Value of scholarship: $1000
Indspire Scholarship fund
Indspire is one of the largest Scholarships for BIPOC scholarships in Canada!
These programs for black students help alleviate the financial stress students may undergo.
The Indispire award as one of the black Canadian scholarship funds is a registered charity that invests in the education of indigenous Canadian students.
They also have three deadlines throughout the year, which means you can get more chances to apply.
- The applicant should be a Canadian indigenous person.
- Students at the post-secondary level
- Must be enrolled in an accredited institution and not a member of the staff, board, or jury at the time of applying.
Value of scholarship: $1000 – $25,000
Jean Lumb Awards
The Jean Lumb Foundation offers 15 scholarships yearly, the award is offered in honor of Jean Lumb, the first Chinese-Canadian woman to receive the Order of Canada for her tireless community work.
- Scholarships are offered to students who achieve excellence in one (or more) of 7 areas. These include academics, the arts, athletics, community service, defense of the environment, the dignity of life, and innovation.
- The applicant should be a Grade 12 student of Chinese heritage
Value of scholarship: $1000
Overwaitea Joint Diversity
The Overwaitea Joint Diversity program is also one of the black grants in Canada, established to encourage and maintain a respectful and positive working environment.
If you plan on studying at BC and have demonstrated leadership in your community, you can check this scholarship out.
The organization’s goal is to work collaboratively to promote diversity awareness and build strong, healthy, and mutually beneficial relationships within the diverse communities.
- Intending applicant should be a BC resident
- You should be pursuing post-secondary education at an accredited institution within the province of BC in the fall.
- These scholarships for black students Canada are available and will be awarded to applicants who have promoted diversity awareness and acceptance in their community and have not previously received the Joint Diversity Scholarship.
Value of Scholarship: $1,000
Awards Available: 10
RBC Capital Markets Diversity Scholarship
One of the best BIPOC scholarships in Canada pursuing a career in banking or finance is the RBC Capital Markets Diversity Scholarship!
The RBC Organization will award 20 Scholarships for Black Students Canada annually valued up to $10,000 each per year (up to 4 years). They also encourage women, 2SLGBT+ folks, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Successful candidates will also have access to a range of services which may include:
- Academic and career planning
- Black student grants
- Internship Opportunities
- You identify as a Black Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a refugee
- You are a high school student entering the 11th or 12th grade OR a student enrolled in post-secondary studies.
- You are not an RBC employee or a dependent of an RBC employee
- You aspire to post-secondary studies at the vocational, college diploma or bachelor degree level
- You must be nominated by one of the following nine RBC community partners listed below
Field of Study/Program
- There are no restrictions on the discipline or field of study
- The program must be a minimum of one year in duration
- University preparatory programs in any jurisdiction are not eligible
- Get Started
- We want to ensure all future and present leaders have equal and equitable opportunities. This is critical to building more inclusive companies and communities that can achieve their greatest potential.
Value of scholarship: Up to $10,000
Conclusively, there are many BIPOC scholarships in Canada, this post helps you select the top 10 and we hope it helps you make a better decision, we are happy to assist you.
This brings an end to this post, you can apply to as many scholarships as possible and ensure to send in your applications early, we wish you success.
Does this article meet your immediate needs?
Please tell us how you feel about this article in the comment box.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate it.
We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring!